Mitchell Library Board Information
Unless otherwise posted, the Mitchell Community Public Library Board of Trustees meets the 4th Monday of the month at 5:30pm in the library meeting room.
|Board Members||Date In Service|
|Matt Sowders||June 2024|
|Kaydy Fults||September 2025|
|Suzanne Patton||June 2026|
|Vicky Schlegel||June 2024|
|Alison Kern||October 2023|
|Elizabeth Freeman – Cammack||January 2027|
|Max Ziebell||May 2025|
Anyone who wishes to contact a Board member may send correspondence to them in care of the Mitchell Community Public Library.
804 Main Street
Mitchell, IN 47446
Get Your Library card
Your First Card Is Free!
Any resident or property owner in Marion, Bono, or Spice Valley (S) townships in Lawrence county, IN, is eligible for a Mitchell Community Public Library Card. If you do not reside in the Mitchell Community Public Library service district please speak to an employee about library card solutions that fit your situation.
Your first card is free, but there is a $2 fee for a replacement card.
You must apply for your card in person at the library. Children under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian with them to apply for a library card.
To apply, please bring the following:
- One form of Photo ID:
- Valid state driver’s license or ID card
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid college or university ID
- One of the following as Proof of Address:
- Valid voter registration card
- Computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (A P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name (from current tax year)
- Any postmarked piece of mail (addressed to you) that has been sent within the last 30 days