You can access books, comics, television, movies, music, magazines, and more with your devices and an Mitchell Library account.
If you don’t have an Mitchell Library card, visit us to gain access to downloadable, digital, and streaming options.
If you need help with your Mitchell Library account, downloading our apps, or using the services on your device, we can help!
Libby is an innovative new mobile app from OverDrive. Libby is designed to make borrowing and enjoying ebooks and audiobooks from your public library easier than ever, through intuitive navigation, a streamlined first-time user experience, and a simplified borrowing and downloading process.
hoopla is a groundbreaking digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. We have hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily. hoopla is like having your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Anywhere.
OverDrive is a free service offered by your library or school that lets you borrow digital content (like ebooks and audiobooks) anytime, anywhere. Every OverDrive collection is slightly different because each library or school picks the digital content they want for their users.
Get Your Library card
Your First Card Is Free!
Any resident or property owner in Marion, Bono, or Spice Valley (S) townships in Lawrence county, IN, is eligible for a Mitchell Community Public Library Card. If you do not reside in the Mitchell Community Public Library service district please speak to an employee about library card solutions that fit your situation.
Your first card is free, but there is a $2 fee for a replacement card.
You must apply for your card in person at the library. Children under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian with them to apply for a library card.
To apply, please bring the following: …
- One form of Photo ID:
- Valid state driver’s license or ID card
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid college or university ID
- One of the following as Proof of Address:
- Valid voter registration card
- Computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (A P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name (from current tax year)
- Any postmarked piece of mail (addressed to you) that has been sent within the last 30 days