Online Learning & Research
HeritageQuest your digital source for family history.
Inspire.IN.gov your digital source for newspapers, journals, biographies, and test preparation.
World Book Online your digital source for educational resources and games.
Mitchell High School Yearbooks – In 2014 the library reached an agreement with Oklahoma Correctional Industries to have our collection of Mitchell High School Yearbooks digitized in the hopes of preserving our local history and make the collection more accessible to the community inside and outside of Lawrence County. You can access the collection through our Flickr account.
Get Your Library card
Your First Card Is Free!
Any resident or property owner in Marion, Bono, or Spice Valley (S) townships in Lawrence county, IN, is eligible for a Mitchell Community Public Library Card. If you do not reside in the Mitchell Community Public Library service district please speak to an employee about library card solutions that fit your situation.
Your first card is free, but there is a $2 fee for a replacement card.
You must apply for your card in person at the library. Children under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian with them to apply for a library card.
To apply, please bring the following:
- One form of Photo ID:
- Valid state driver’s license or ID card
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid college or university ID
- One of the following as Proof of Address:
- Valid voter registration card
- Computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (A P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name (from current tax year)
- Any postmarked piece of mail (addressed to you) that has been sent within the last 30 days