Celebrate National Library Lover's Month with this fun Scavenger Hunt! Can you find all of the book-related characters hidden throughout the Children's Department? Stop by through the month of February […]
ProgramS & Events
Stay informed about library programs and events. Here you will find information about events and programs that are provided and hosted by Mitchell Community Public Library.
Get Your Library card
Your First Card Is Free!
Any resident or property owner in Marion, Bono, or Spice Valley (S) townships in Lawrence county, IN, is eligible for a Mitchell Community Public Library Card. If you do not reside in the Mitchell Community Public Library service district please speak to an employee about library card solutions that fit your situation.
Your first card is free, but there is a $2 fee for a replacement card.
You must apply for your card in person at the library. Children under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian with them to apply for a library card.
To apply, please bring the following: …
- One form of Photo ID:
- Valid state driver’s license or ID card
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid college or university ID
- One of the following as Proof of Address:
- Valid voter registration card
- Computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (A P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name (from current tax year)
- Any postmarked piece of mail (addressed to you) that has been sent within the last 30 days
Request A Group Story Time or Group Tour
To request a group storytime or group tour, please fill out the Contact Us form with details on group size and your requested date. We will reach out to confirm your request was received.
Meeting Room Reservation
To reserve a meeting room, please complete the request form and submit in person at MCPL. You will need an active MCPL card in good standing for reservations. Reservations are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis and must comply with the meeting room policy. For questions, please call 812-849-2412.