Ways To Donate
Gifts & Donations
Tax deductible donations for books, services, and programs and other library purposes are gratefully accepted and acknowledged. Please contact the Library Director at 812-849-2412 if you are interested in making a charitable contribution to the Mitchell Community Public Library for information regarding direct contributions toward programs, furniture, or library materials. These contributions are a great way to celebrate a family occasion and memorialize friends and loved ones.
Donate Your Time or Skills
Mitchell Library has plenty of opportunities for volunteers to get involved and support the community that our library serves.
If you are interested in volunteering at MCPL, come to the library front desk to fill out a volunteer application.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to, creating materials for programs, decorating the library for programs and/or holidays, and helping run stations at programs.
We accept gently used Books, Comics, Magazines, Audiobooks and Music CDs, and DVDs.
If we can use these items in the collection, we will. If not, we will either find them a home with another local community group such as a senior center or jail, or we will sell the items at our annual or on-going book sale. All proceeds benefit the library.
We also appreciate materials for arts and crafts to use during our planned activities and programs throughout the year.
Make A Monetary Donation
The Mitchell Community Public Library is a publicly funded, not-for-profit institution. MCPL welcomes financial contributions and offers a number of donation options. You may make a monetary contribution in person or check by mail. Contact us if you have any questions.
Please make checks payable to Mitchell Community Public Library and mail to:
Mitchell Community Public Library
804 Main Street
Mitchell, IN 47446
Get Your Library card
Your First Card Is Free!
Any resident or property owner in Marion, Bono, or Spice Valley (S) townships in Lawrence county, IN, is eligible for a Mitchell Community Public Library Card. If you do not reside in the Mitchell Community Public Library service district please speak to an employee about library card solutions that fit your situation.
Your first card is free, but there is a $2 fee for a replacement card.
You must apply for your card in person at the library. Children under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian with them to apply for a library card.
To apply, please bring the following:
- One form of Photo ID:
- Valid state driver’s license or ID card
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid college or university ID
- One of the following as Proof of Address:
- Valid voter registration card
- Computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (A P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name (from current tax year)
- Any postmarked piece of mail (addressed to you) that has been sent within the last 30 days